Location: South Park (South Charlotte)
Compensation: $70-85K + 15% bonus
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the procurement of OEM and Aftermarket parts for compactor, hoist, containers, vacuum trucks and garbage trucks. Responsibilities include maintaining and developing suppliers, with a focus on price, quality, service, capacity, and reliability, while supporting monthly plans and driving KPI's. Strong leadership, time management, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage a team of two purchasing employees while also performing the duties below:
- Negotiate purchasing contracts for all parts and components
- Assess and manage vendors based upon price, quality, service, capacity, on time delivery, and product selection. Consistently assess and rationalize the supply base to ensure optimization of the above criteria.
- Handle and review the RMA and Warranty request related to supplier
- Work with the New Product Development group to identify, quote, and source new parts
- Review, report, and manage daily backlog
- Initiate Request for Quote (RFQ) as required
- Monitor pricing trends, usage rates, lead times, vendor performance and defective products
- Perform ongoing re-bidding of repetitive purchases to obtain and evaluate price quotes for bench-marking to ensure competitiveness in the market.
- Identify and source new vendors when applicable to service existing and new product offerings
- Monitor compliance with contractual agreements and resolve issues related to breach of contracts in timely manner
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and execute action plans accordingly to deliver planned cost improvements. Continuously seek ways to reduce costs while securing the best parts and services.
- Work with sales and production planning to manage inventory requirements; manage related parameters within the ERP system to optimize purchasing processes
- Develop, maintain, and report budget/forecast on purchasing spend compared to actual spend
- Review and report on daily, weekly, monthly KPIs around purchasing efficiency and effectiveness, inventory control management, and supplier performance; Execute action plans to achieve KPIs and implement countermeasures when gaps to plan occur
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply chain, or related field - MBA preferred
- 3+ years of recent management experience of a purchasing team
- 5+ years of overall recent purchasing experience
- Above average skills in Microsoft products, especially Excel and SQL
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Extensive experience with sourcing vendors and contract negotiations within a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Experience with buying and sourcing truck parts preferred
- Experience establishing new vendor solutions as part of new product development
- Experience sourcing overseas vendors
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems required -MRP/ERP implementation experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Category Code: JN016, JN005