Location: Central Charlotte/ Dilworth - free parking!
Type: Direct Hire
Hours: 8am - 5pm M-F (can be flexible!)
Our Property Management client in Dilworth is looking for a Property Accountant to join their team! Responsible for supporting the Finance department by performing high level accoutning functions. The ideal candidate possesses experience with basic accounting functions such as bank reconciliation, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
- Provide accounting support via journal entries, account inquiries, and analysis.
- Process monthly journal entries, accruals, and budget reconciliations
- Research and analyze compliance and accounting issues relating to balance sheet and income statement totals.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, ensuring that invoices and amounts are properly calculated/completed for lease ups, terminations, re-certifications, withholding/abatements, retros and recaptures.
- Prepare monthly reports, such as budget comparison reports, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, accounts payable schedule, and accounts receivable schedule.
- Record and track cash receipts and monitor revenue through Yardi and Excel
- Maintain financial schedules supporting income statement and balance sheet summations
- Record and maintains fixed assets
- Process vendor payments and review and approve purchase orders
- Administer and post accounts receivable billing and maintenance
- Strong basic Excel spreadsheet skills (Will need to test) required
- 3+ years of General Ledger, debits/credits, and bank reconciliations experience required
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and a team player
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
- Experience with Yardi and MRI preferred
- Property Accounting experience highly preferred
- Accounts Payable and Receivable experience preferred
Category Code: JN001