A growing company in the South Park area is looking to add a Property Accountant to their growing team and be a part of their laid back family environment! The Property Accountant is responsible for the financial and reporting of the multi-family communities and related entities involved in ownership and management of the portfolio.
Location: South Charlotte (South Park)
Direct Hire Salary: $55,000-60,000
Benefits: Great health insurance, PTO, and 401K package!
- Manage all accounting functions on accrual and cash basis for all portfolio communities and affiliate entities.
- Oversee month-end closing process including bank reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain general ledgers and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow.
- Reconcile inter-company balances, review accounts payable, prepaid rent, and property expenses.
- Manage all fixed asset depreciation schedules and book corresponding capital items and job cost allocations.
- Audit and manage all bank deposits, credit card charges and internal expense reports.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial reports sent to investors and lenders.
- Responsible for developing annual internal audits of properties and implementation follow up.
- Support operational implementations and compliance with all policy and process changes (such as employee benefits, software, etc.).
- Assist in due diligence efforts including lease review, rent roll analysis, expense reconciliation, etc.
- Complete all post-closing reconciliations with buyers/sellers
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in general ledger accounting, including analyzing financial statements
- Real estate industry experience required
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting or related field
- High level of proficiency with financial accounting software such as Onesite and/or Yardi
- Extensive experience with GAAP, tax basis, and joint venture accounting and financial reporting
- Familiarity with analyzing complex deal documents and determining proper accounting treatment
Category Code: JN001