Creative Financial Staffing has been exclusively retained by a public, fast-growing Boston based REIT to identify a Property Accountant. This is a newly created position that is open due to growth. Our client is seeking someone who wants to have a direct impact and wants a role that is more than just day-to-day accounting. This is a career opportunity not just a job opportunity.
Why the Property Accountant opportunity?
1. The Company: Publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust with a focus on industrial properties.
2. The Growth: In the 1 year since filing their IPO and this time they have nearly doubled their portfolio. By year end they will have 88 buildings on 63 properties (nearly 13M sq. ft. under management).
3. Opportunity: The accounting team is comprised of a CFO, Controller and Senior Manager of SEC Reporting. This is their first property accountant hire. This role will be a key player in building out the accounting infrastructure to support the growth of the company. This role not only focuses on day to day accounting but also in process upgrades or implementations.
4. Exposure: Working as the right hand to Controller, the Property Accountant will work closely with and have daily exposure to the executive management team, including the CEO and founders of the organization. Compensation/Benefits: Highly competitive base + 100% company paid medical and dental coverage + unlimited vacation.
The Property Accountant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Full General Ledger responsibility for a portfolio of properties including management of accounts payable & accounts receivable, preparation of bank reconciliations, and month-end/year-end close.
● Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analytic analysis of financial statements.
● Coordinate with Property Managers and Asset Managers to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements.
● Ad-hoc assignments involving the implementation of accounting software and other integrating programs for a growing company.