Proof Operator Part Time, Miami, FL - copy
The Item Processing Clerk is primarily responsible for achieving operational standards and deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Balancing the daily work of the department.
- Validation and reconciliation of all branch generated transactions, as well as items processed directly by the item processing unit.
- Receive and balance work from the units via Remote Branch Capture.
- Prepare cash letter for Canadian items.
- Send collection items to the Collection Department.
- Participate in the end of day closing as assigned. (Prepare Cash Letter, format images transfer build image, sent to AS/400.
- Must have knowledge of the Optima System in order to work within the department.
- Process of exception files (convert, Wausau system)
- Make sure that all items are encoded properly and balanced within the Optima System in order for the transactions to be processed for final balancing.
- Prepare daily log of customer corrections, foreign checks and service charges.
- Work together with branches to assure work is captured correctly.
- Solve any discrepancies, differences reported by the teller areas.
- Respond any incoming phone calls to assist and support the teller areas on a daily basis on any given issue.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Recovery team leader assistance, responsible for the process of 'Business Continuity Plan', of her unit to assure that all of departmental functions are in order as per specified guidelines.
- Mobile deposits download files from mobile deposits - connecting directly with outside platform located within the Wausau system.
- Receive the items eligible for mobile deposit secure transmission, reviews the items. Decision each item for approval/removal prior to acceptance.
- Download X9 folder to Optima System for further process of items.
- Daily Process of internal deposits on Branch Capture Equipment.
- Create Common Output Format (COF) to Fiserv (CTX to COF Convert).
Monday - Friday: Any shift between 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm. May require working past 6:00 pm from time to time depending on work load.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image. Must have the ability to
deal with peers and employees. Must possess strong organization, customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
High School diploma or GED required.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum two years banking experience and strong organizational skills.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Previous experience with MS Office including Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of item processing preferred; the ability to work quickly and accurately is required.
Physical Demands: General office work, sitting at desk, 80% of the time handling and checking documents. Walking within the departments 20% of the time.
Stressors: Workload, deadlines and difficulty getting work from Branches in a