Proof Cash Specialist
The primary goal of the Cash Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is to maintain confidence in U.S. currency and meet the needs of the marketplace by supplying currency and coin to meet domestic and international demand, maintaining the quality and integrity of currency in circulation, and ensuring depository institutions have ready access to cash services. To achieve this mission, 4th District Cash services operate from the Cleveland and Cincinnati Reserve Banks and in collaboration with our Federal Reserve colleagues in other Districts.
Ensures the appropriate circulation of currency/coin inventory to meet the needs of financial institutions during normal operations and periods of contingency events. Applies developed job knowledge and experience to receive, verify and/or pay out large volumes of currency, and coin in a team environment. Performs complex balancing and other data entry tasks with minimal supervision. May perform basic accounting and financial functions Applies independent judgment and discretion within the framework of governing procedures to maintain custody and accountability in a valuables handling environment.
Ensures local Cash department and teams are independently verified and balanced daily, and transactions are accurately reported in financial institution accounts and department general ledgers/control accounts during normal operations and periods of contingency events. Applies an understanding of accounting principles, job knowledge and experience to perform various tasks related to accounting, customer deposits and orders, administrative procedures, and settlement exception handling for current and previous day transactions, with minimal supervision. Applies independent judgment and discretion within the framework of governing procedures to maintain custody and accountability in a valuables handling environment.
1. Ensures department files post to the bank standard accounting and billing applications, and general ledgers balance daily using source documentation while resolving discrepancies.
2. Performs end of day and settlement tasks in the internal cash and accounting applications daily.
3. Performs routine administrative tasks associated to district onsite and offsite cash operations using a variety of established procedures and internal applications designed for the cash function; including but not limited to data entry, reconcilement, printing/sorting and reporting.
4. Applies job knowledge and experience to achieve district quality, compliance and productivity metrics.
5. Performs independent verification and balancing of numerous district onsite and offsite teams by comparing source documentation to unit proofs reflected in the internal application designed for the cash function, resolving accounting discrepancies timely.
6. Audits team documentation and reports noncompliance to the designated member of the leadership team.
7. Adheres to processes and procedures as described in TCOM, CCPS and the District Procedure Manual.
8. Maintains focus on quality, controls and customer service while under frequent reviews by management, compliance and audit staff.
9. Provides customer support to address issues and ensures all matters are addressed in a timely manner.
10. Communicates appropriately with all levels within the bank when opportunities exist.
11. Adheres to the department policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to the Bank attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma
• 3+ years of related work experience
• Intermediate ability to perform independent research
• Intermediate ability to work in a team environment
• Intermediate ability to follow established policies and procedures
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• Intermediate knowledge and application of general Accounting principles
• Math skills
• Detail orientated
• Analytical skills
• Problem Solving
• Effective communication skills
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
• Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.