The approximate length of this project assignment is 7-8 months.
Manage multifaceted IT projects ranging from in-house developments, solution assessments, application upgrades and implementation of new systems or services. These projects must be lead according to the Bank’s established standards and procedures and any applicable regulations to achieve the goals of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- With minimal supervision, leads and coordinates the implementation of assigned projects throughout the entire project life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing) while balancing the project constraints of scope, time and budget to ensure the quality completion of the project objectives and goals.
- Defines, communicates with and oversees the project team and its dynamics including the identification of roles and responsibilities while using conflict resolution and negotiation techniques to reach mutual agreements that ensure adherence to the project schedule and project deliverables.
- Manages controls and validates the costs and project deliverables provided by our contracted IT vendors and systems development suppliers. Ensures adequate vendor performance by taking into consideration the SLAs and terms and conditions of the engagement held.
- Leads the team in performing vendor selections using tools such as Request For Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) along with proper due diligence and demos to assist the team in determining the most favorable solution
- Identifies and reports to immediate supervisor any current or prospective risks and/or violations of, or nonconformance with laws, rules, regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
- Communicates, facilitates and negotiates the resolution of issues including possible risks and corrective actions related to assigned projects with the respective project teams and/or stakeholders with minimal supervision or intervention.
- Influences the factors that could circumvent integrated change control so that only approved changes are implemented
- Communicates and reports on a consistent and timely basis the progress of the project, with quality and detail, from the
- Ability to influence those with whom there is no direct authority such as team members and stakeholders, with minimal intervention from Supervisor
- Able to motivate, coach and use different communication and problem solving techniques in order to promote team building and ensure team members’ focus on project objectives
- Able to inspire trust and credibility with the different stakeholders of the organization
- Demonstrate high ethics and values in the management of assigned projects.
- Perform Project Charter estimations for requests channeled by the PMO.
- Responsible for accurately tracking time spent on assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing small to medium extended requests including ESRs, which includes the scope, requirements, management of resources, testing and coordination of these requests into production.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee member in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.