Our top client North of Charlotte is seeking a Project Financial Analyst to assist Project Managers with understanding the financial progress of various projects, as well as reconcile various accounting records. This position has potential to convert permanent down the road. While on contract, it offers 2 awesome health insurance plans through United Healthcare, as well as 401K, disability, and a $30K life insurance plan!
Project Financial Analyst
Location: Salisbury, NC (40 mins from Uptown Charlotte, 30 minutes from Northlake)
Duration: 12+ month contract with high potential for extension up to 4 years and possibly converting permanent!
Hours: 8-5, 5:30-5:30 M-F, flexible – 40 hours a week with rare overtime
Benefits: CRG offers 2 awesome health insurance plans through United Healthcare, as well as 401K, disability, and a $30K life insurance plan!
- Directly assist Project Managers tracking the financial progress of a variety of projects.
- Post basic accruals, research charges, approve expenses, and ensure that project billings are accurate.
- Create purchase orders for contracts and support the project P.O., invoice and tracking processes
- Post actual financial data into Excel spreadsheet
- Perform monthly reconciliations between accounts and ledgers
- Conduct data analysis and capital vs. expense activities
- Create complex Excel templates, collect data and investigate variances to explain.
- Report on the financial status of projects with the Project Manager.
- Create project financial summary Excel reports for leadership team.
- 4+ years of experience managing the accounting/financials of capital projects while working directly with Project Managers
- Experience posting accruals and understanding capital vs, operating expenses and US GAAP
- Experience with general accounting: accounts payable, accounts receivable, GL accounting, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, data connections, vlookup, complex formulas and connecting spreadsheets.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with PMs to review budgeted expenses vs actual expenses.
- Good organizational skills with ability to support multiple projects and work with project managers
- Good planning skills and able to coordinate work efforts with PM’s to meet financial deadlines.
- Ability to create management financial summaries
Category Code: JN001, JN005