The Project Controls Analyst will provide business partner support to the Business Unit Finance and Project Management teams. This role will focus primarily on project-based activity with strong communication and business partnering skills required. The role requires interaction with management and a variety of functions throughout the organization. The Project Controls Analyst will also be tasked with driving continuous improvement in processes, practices, and compliance.
* Assist Business Unit Finance and Project Management teams in developing scalable financial processes for Project Management and Field Services and enable a consistent process workflow
* Prepare, monitor and forecast of Lifetime Plan budgets for projects, ensuring that the cost estimate is consistent with the scoping statement and delivery schedule and assist Project Managers in the preparation of sanction request papers
* Perform various tasks for projects in the ERP:
o Project creation
o Contract and documentation management
o Change order implementation
o Forecast update
o Project analytical reporting
* Review project results within the ERP to provide actual cost data for cost. Align actual hours in ERP at WBS level with scheduled hours in Microsoft Project and update forecasted hours as necessary. Allocate forecasted hours between WBS activities and report any significant deviations from plan.
* In the preparation of cost reports, identify critical areas, provide trend analysis and early warnings, assist project managers to explain (in detail) Period, YTD and year end SV's, CV's, SPI's and CPI's; in particular identifying reasons for significant variances.
* Maintaining project risk and issue log evaluation, control and reporting
* Preparing earned value analysis
* Monitoring resource allocation and evaluation against cost plan
* Work with IT and outside vendors to modify and enhance internal systems as needed
* Develop standardized reporting framework and communicate results on a consistent basis
* Identify financial trends utilizing actual data and compiling useful analysis reports for key stakeholders to monitor financial performance at an entity level..
* Work cross functionally with various functions including Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Field Services, Project Management, Sales band other groups
* Ad hoc requests and special projects will be required on an as needed basis.
The scale of the projects this person will help analyzing are $10M+. This person will not be drafting new contracts, just reviewing/assisting when necessary.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.