The Project Controller manages and supervises the day-to-day activities of the Project Accounting functions. Works closely with the project managers and project executives on all facts of project accounting and administration issue. This position is responsible for supervising and training of the Project Accountant.
- Ensures accuracy of cost coding and processing.
- Ensures all Subcontractors are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contract (i.e. insurance, billing procedures, labor compliance etc.)
- Reports and tracks Accounts Receivable on a weekly basis.
- Monitors and tracks the cash position of the projects.
- Submits all new vendor requests.
- Access Timberline to:
- Sets up all projects, cost codes, budgets and contracts
- Process all accounts payable invoices
- Enter in all change orders and verify contract values match.
- Post all daily deposits
- Selects weekly invoice payments.
- Oversees lien waiver collection and issuance for clients and customers.
- Assist the Project Manager and Project Executives with the Forecasting process on a weekly and monthly basis; including production tracking. Attend forecasting meetings.
- Attends the pre-construction meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Eight + years of accounting experience, preferably in the construction field
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Advanced degree a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of standard accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience with Timberline is a plus.
- Experience with union labor cost is a plus.
- Outstanding team player with good interpersonal skills.