- Read, comprehend, and understand client contracts for compliance with corporate requirements and project set-up
- Review the Project Authorization-Work Breakdown Structure (PA/WBS) for accuracy and verification that the data shown reflects the contract terms and authorizations, and complies with the Revenue Decision Making Matrix for budget entry for new projects and project revisions
- Input new and revised project data such as budgets, phase/task/org authorizations, and client updates into our Project Accounting software (BST).
- Analyze and research Work-in-Process and Project Analysis
- Internal and external audit liaison assistance
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of training programs
- B.A. in Accounting is preferred
- Associate degree in Accounting and at least 2 - 5 years relevant work experience in project accounting is required
- Strong financial background, including project accounting or cost accounting
- Proficiency with accounting systems highly desired - specifically BST or similar
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe, and Windows 10 operating system
- Must have excellent computer skills and have an aptitude for mathematics
- Must be able to work overtime
- High levels of accuracy in all aspects of the position is required
- Ability to thrive in a detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment is absolutely imperative
- Strong written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment to meet deadlines
- Project accounting experience within the AEC industry preferred
Strong systems skills and financial analysis skills are required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as this role will interact with Senior Management on a regular basis. Based on the volume of resumes we receive on a daily basis, our firm will only respond to local candidates who meet these criteria. Contact Information:
Office Number: 717-395-9950
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.