Project Accounting Analyst
Summary: Our top retail client North of Charlotte is seeking a REMOTE Project Accounting Analyst for a long-term ongoing contract that could last for years! This professional will manage and track project budgets and work directly with multiple Project Managers to help them understand the financial progress of each project and ensure they stay on track. This role will also involve several duties including, but not limited to: posting basic accruals, researching charges, approving expenses, ensuring that project billings are accurate, creating P.O.'s for contracts, invoicing and tracking processes, account reconciliations, capital vs. expense activities, pulling data from multiple system to compile into reports to report on the financial status of projects, etc.
Location: 100% REMOTE!! (Based out of Salisbury, NC - near Charlotte)
Duration: Ongoing long-term contract that will most likely be extended 6 months at a time over and over for 2 years or more!
Compensation: Targeting $40 - 42/ hour (but has flexibility to pay $45/hour if needed)
Hours: 8-5, 5:30-5:30 M-F, flexible with some overtime – Typically 40-50 hours a week
Benefits: All W2 Employees at CRG are offered the following benefits options!
• Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, and Long- & Short-Term Disability insurance is offered after 90 days of employment with CRG!
• We also offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) along with a Health Savings Account (HSA) with our medical plan. CRG matches the first $500 of the HSA contributions.
• Our 30K Life Insurance policy is FREE (no cost to the employee), as long as you sign up for it!
• We also have a 401K plan, with open enrollment quarterly (January, April, July, and October) after working at CRG for 90 days.
• CRG matches 25% of the first 6% of employee contributions to the 401K plan!
- Complete monthly cost analysis to include actual-vs.-budget analysis, cost-to-complete analysis and various requirements
- Maintain the FTE budget and reconcile planned vs actualized labor for each project assigned
- Prepare financials for project stage gate governance processes (i.e. PEG, TCOs and Setup assistance)
- Update and publish monthly actual FTE reports
- Review capital interest calculations based on capital expenditures and purchases
- Process end of period reconciliations and accruals
- Record the daily financial activity for each project
- Review and monitor project budgets identifying areas of over and underspend
- Coordinate with Project Managers on budget and resource adjustments
- Assist Project Managers in creation and completion of TCOs
- Schedule period actual reviews with each PM.
- Attend Misc Project/Financial meetings with PMs and other team meetings as needed
- Recommend to Project Managers any identified budget adjustments, recommendations, and/or realignments based on actualized historical information
- Utilize complex Excel template for financial analysis on supported projects.
- Input, maintain, and track purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices by vendor
- Receive and process invoices against a project’s supplier purchase orders.
- Collect, organize, monitor, and validate financial data integrity
- Email PMs regarding actuals and requesting the completion of ETCs
- Monitor and update pivot table information
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Research, retrieve, organize data and prepare reports
- Collaborate with project coordinators or other project team members
- Completing any other ad hoc support as requested
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Accounting or Finance concentration preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing the accounting/financials of capital or construction projects while working directly with Project Managers
- 5+ years of experience posting accruals and understanding capital vs, operating expenses, and US GAAP
- 5+ years of experience with general accounting (AP, AR, GL, balancing debit & credits, etc.)
- Intermediate Excel skills, including pivot tables and lookups required
- SAP, Oracle or other large ERP system preferred
- Must be comfortable and able to handle difficult conversations with Project Managers
- Must have exceptional communication skills to be able to clearly communicate with PM's
Category Code: JN001, JN005