An engineering firm is currently in need of a Project Accountant who can prepare monthly invoices per contract, follow up with clients regarding collections, track and monitor accounts payable (assist in set-up of subcontractors. Assist Project Managers with project setup and closeout, monitor projects for contract compliance (change orders, certified payroll etc.).
- Ensure all incurred cost is reflected accurately and in a timely fashion on the project.
- Monitor project performance and key indicators and update Project Managers on a regular basis.
- Perform project analysis and prepare reports upon request for management review.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned such as: general administrative related tasks.
- Experience in billing & collections is a must
- Experience in engineering, construction or architectural industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/ Finance or minimum of 4 years of experience project
- accounting field
- Must be willing to travel one-day week between Irvine and Torrance offices, and as
- Experience with Deltek Vision Software a plus
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Available and willing to work overtime as needed (50-55 hours on billing weeks, and on non-billing weeks 40 hour weeks)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in order to meet tight deadlines and work
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to spot and follow-up on open action items and complete assigned tasks without
- prompting. Knack to ask necessary follow up questions
- Must be a self-starter with the aptitude to manage multiple priorities, and possess stronG organizational skills
- Team player, pleasant, tactful and professional with sound interpersonal skills
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.