Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: San Ramon CA
The Procurement Specialist position provides procurement support for Manufacturing - Americas Products including;
- Order placement, expediting and administration of routine (e.g. contract 'call offs') purchases. This may include pipes valves/ fittings etc., and complex purchases and/or service orders (e.g. 'single event' service orders, low-medium complexity engineered items and general labor orders).
- Prepares RFP/RFQ documents, performs commercial evaluations of supplier quotes, facilitates bid clarification meetings, provides recommendation for award and order generation. Coordinates material shipments with suppliers and transportation companies as necessary and stays abreast of applicable HAZMAT and export compliance regulations.
- Efficient management of the Procurement through Payables process including advocacy for use of eProcurement tools and purchasing/contracting best practices. Ensures proper terms and conditions are included on all purchase/service orders. Ensures purchasing activities are consistent with purchasing policies and philosophies (i.e. material standardization and use of contracts). Ensures compliance with Policy 530.
- Facilitates optimization of the Procure-to-pay (P2P) process across Manufacturing - Americas Products: identifies opportunities through performance monitoring and collaborates with working teams on improvements, supports deployment of new tools and process changes. Trouble shoots issues around complex, single event material & service contracts & release against blanket contracts, and serves as chief liaison between working teams and shared services centers.
While not required, the following education and job experience are highly desired:
- BA/BS Degree in Business/Engineering or related field
- Supply Chain Management Degree/Cert.
- Experience and knowledge of Client Manufacturing business or Terminals/Distribution facilities
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Job Knowledge and Proficiency-Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and skill in Client's buying and ordering processes, and expertise in implementing change to achieve improved results. Extensive knowledge of applicable Client policies and a solid communicator both in writing and orally.
- Business Acumen-Understanding of business unit internal (cross functional) drivers. Ability to effectively sync and integrate SCM processes with BU business objectives. Experienced & effective in interfacing with internal stakeholders such as base operations, compliance, legal, finance, BU management, and external stakeholders.
- Recognition / Sphere of Influence-Recognized by peers as a subject matter expert (SME), within Procurement. Sought out by business unit personnel as a resource for supply chain, procurement knowledge. Highly effective in communicating to build teamwork and collaboration.
- Systems Knowledge-Extensive knowledge in use SAP and Ariba procurement tools, SIMS and other tools and electronic systems.
- In Person Interview with Manager