• Conducts the analysis and underwriting of all credit transactions. Proposes recommended structure and accumulates all data necessary to perform focused analysis.
• Ensures an efficient and effective transfer of knowledge from the Relationship Manager to the approving Credit Officer.
• Reviews financial statements and all other relevant financial and non-financial data to develop a concise focused analytical foundation for a credit decision.
• Provides value-added feedback to the approving Credit Officer through the use of risk/mitigant analysis.
• Ensures underwriting and structuring decisions reflecting commitment to strong asset quality.
• Projects client’s/prospect’s profitability through detailed financial projections incorporating financial and non-financial issues.
• Assists Relationship Manager with AQR preparation; client follow-up for covenant violations; financial statement submission; maturity date renewals; past due reporting, etc.
• Acts as liaison with Services Officer and Monitoring Officer to assure compliance with operating and loan agreements.
• Works as member of relationship management team executing relationship strategies for credit and non-credit product delivery.
• Participates in business development activities by identifying cross-sell opportunities in client group.
• Participates in client calling initiatives with Relationship Manager and/or as the lead on assigned clients.
• Manages account relationships as assigned. Function as the primary back-up for Relationship Manager(s).
• Practices disciplined use of the technology, tools and procedures.
• Assists Relationship Manager in development of marketing presentations and pitch books; highlighting product solutions for client needs.
• Coordinates call planning activities and prepares customized client proposals, letters, and correspondence as needed.'
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.