There’s a reason Insperity
ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 30 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Performance Test Engineer
As the Performance Test Engineer, you will be responsible for closely working with Product Owners, Developers, Solution Designers, and Quality Assurance personnel to gather non-functional requirements, develop and execute performance test scripts, and analyze application performance issues across multiple applications within Insperity’s portfolio.
- Act as an extended scrum team member on multiple teams and conduct system performance testing to ensure application reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Business Users, and the Scrum Team to identify performance requirements and develop a performance testing strategy.
- Design various types of performance test scenarios and execute them based on the application requirements. This can include load testing, stress testing, spike testing, endurance/stability testing, and scalability testing scenarios.
- Monitor both client-side and server-side application performance using in-house and commercial tools.
- Analyze the performance test results, participate in root cause assessments, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Provide detailed level test reports
- Collaborate with the Application Health and Performance team to monitor system performance post-deployment and use that information to continue to refine tests in pre-production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3+ years of professional experience with software development and/or performance test automation are required.
- Advanced SQL knowledge is desirable
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum model
- Proficient in understanding the performance testing requirements and converting them to performance testing goals
- Proficient in automation/performance script creation using NeoLoad or other applicable performance test tools
- Have an in-depth understanding of how to properly perform parameterization, use checkpoints, develop reusable functions, use correlations, schedule iterations, pacing and think time
- Knowledge in Performance Workload Modeling and Capacity Planning
- Perform analysis of client side statistics like response times, throughput, hits per second etc.
- Basic Knowledge of web servers (Apache, IIS etc.), application servers (Tomcat, JBoss etc.), database servers (Informix, Oracle, MS SQL etc.)
- Experience with monitoring server performance counters, e.g. CPU utilization (Host/Process), host memory utilization, heap memory usage, thread and connection pools, etc., using AppDynamics and other application monitoring tools
Preferred skills include:
- Working experience with C#, Java, and .NET frameworks in order to participate in design and code inspections to proactively assist in identifying bottlenecks
- Experience in heap and thread dump analysis, CPU, and memory profiling data is desirable
- Basic development knowledge for custom coding implementation in NeoLoad whenever required
- Working knowledge of MS-Excel (macros, graphs/charts etc) to automate any test reporting
- Experience using Visual Studio/TFS for project management and defect tracking
- Knowledge of tools like Fiddler, JProfiler, Jconsole, or VisualVM
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work' for 15 years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.