We are looking for a qualified Payroll and AP Clerk to assist in all activities related to payroll and AP activities. Ideal candidate will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages, AP processing, and making payments.
An excellent payroll and AP clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. Ideal candidate will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good math skills to make the necessary calculations. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
The goal is to carry out all payroll and AP procedures with speed and accuracy
- Maintain and update detailed records and documentation of employee information; including benefit enrollments, changes, vacation usage and terminations
* Prepare, verify and process bi-weekly hourly and salaried payroll for 75+ employees using SAP and Kebrite Workforce Management System
* Review bi-weekly timecards and resolve any discrepancies
* Keep track of new hires, vacation, sick time and other accruals for all employees
* Must become payroll software champion to fully utilize applications
* Ensure compliance to all employment legislation and regulatory guidelines
* Compile, review, and monitor statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, Records of Employment, payroll surveys
* Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies
* Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
* First point of contact to answer and address employee enquiries and issues regarding payroll
* General ledger journal entries and bank account reconciliation.
* Month-end AP, Expense Report, and AR accruals
* Accounts payable invoice and data entry.
* Handling payments in an organized and timely manner.
* Development and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets.
* Internal credit card reconciliation when required.
* Assisting with audit support as necessary.
* Assisting in streamlining the accounts payable process.
* Expense report handling.
* Other duties to support Accounting functions as required
* Experience with, and knowledge of, payroll practices and payroll legislation: 3-5 years
* Payroll accounts reconciliation experience or accounting experience is an asset: 2-3 years
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook programs
* Able to maintain confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
* Strong attention to detail with speed and accuracy
* Good communication abilities