The Payroll Tax Team at Lehigh Hanson is in transition. We need an experienced senior payroll tax analyst or former payroll tax manager to join our team for the next four to six months to assist with day-to-day compliance and with implementing organizational changes. Currently, we have an in-house payroll tax team of three, responsible for both the U.S. and Canada. This temporary position may assist with the implementation of a Canadian third-party tax provider for remaining provinces outside of Quebec (British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario) prior to the end of 2019.
- Canada Taxes:
- Ensure all payroll tax deposits and tax returns are completed accurately and are compliant with Canadian federal and provincial tax laws.
- Ensure all Canadian workers compensation premiums and reports are completed accurately and filed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the integration of acquired companies and the effects of mergers and reorganizations by working closely with outside vendors and tax authorities.
- Ensure all payroll tax-related items are recorded in the payroll system prior to year end processing (ie: Fringe Benefits, Relocation, Auto Allowance, Housing Allowance, etc).
- U.S. Taxes
- Assist other tax analysts with day-to-day work, as needed.
- Research complex tax issues, as needed.
- Reconcile taxes paid and accrued to General Ledger.
- Continually identify process and system improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist with audits of past filings/deposits to mitigate potential penalties and interest.
- Investigate and resolve tax notices in a timely manner to minimize/mitigate potential liabilities.
- Five years of Canadian payroll tax experience.
- Two to four years of multistate U.S. payroll tax experience.
- Excellent professional, oral, written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required. Comfortable with Excel (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.) and data import/export.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as needed.
- Experience with payroll tax software platforms (MasterTax), a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), a plus.