The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Payroll/Tax Specialist with one of our clients in Nashville, Tennessee. Please review description and requirements below. This is an opportunity to join an expanding team with one of the “Best Places to Work” 4 years in a row!
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
Under minimal supervision, ensures the accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provides timely and accurate financial information, participates in daily data entry payroll processing. Performs complex analytical functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policy. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key responsibility for larger more complex US and Canadian company payrolls.
• Perform daily payroll department operations.
• Partner with the Payroll Tax Analyst to complete tax analyses and reconciliations, appropriate system set-up, and responding to internal and external tax inquiries.
• Provide payroll tax process suggestions/recommendations based on previous experience and best practices.
• Maintain intermediate knowledge of payroll and HR-related rules/laws and pending legislation.
• Provide support to payroll specialists regarding tax questions and calculations and other general payroll processing questions.
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
• Resolve Time and Attendance missed punches, and out of balances.
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc).
• Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
• Process manual check and relocation metrics.
• Upload import files received from HR, Compensation and external vendors, research problems (All Companies).
• Respond to ServiceNow employee tickets.
• Support testing and validation of release enhancements affecting UltiPro Payroll and the Kronos Timekeeping System.
• Provides guidance and training to lower level staff members as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
• FPC or CPP designation (or working towards certification) is preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in Payroll Processing/administration/accounting.
• 3+ years’ experience supporting payroll/HR related systems.
• 3= years’ experience in Payroll Tax
• This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly and concisely document detailed information and analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. The ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and to handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is also required.
• Strong System knowledge of Ultipro is preferred.
• Canadian payroll processing experience is a plus.
• Intermediate Excel/Outlook Proficiency.
• Strong Initiative, Decision Making, Problem Solving, and Analytical skills.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage time.
• Team player who is willing to step in and assist others if needed.
• Strong sense of urgency/Ability to meet deadlines.
• Intermediate knowledge of payroll legislation i.e. FLSA OT calcs, State OT, & Sick Pay rules.
• Expert knowledge of Payroll Best Practices.
• Expert knowledge of State Taxes and Reciprocity, local taxes, and Federal Tax Rates.