Payroll Supervisor Summary
A CRG client in the High Point, Archdale, NC area is looking for a Payroll Supervisor to join their growing team. This position is responsible for the overall operations of the Payroll Department, the successful preparation and distribution of company-wide payroll, the timely submission and payment of payroll taxes and union dues. Specific duties include resolving payroll issues and problems, supervising Payroll staff, resolving system issues, overseeing payroll for salary, hourly and drivers, managing payroll taxes and reporting requirements, and working with auditors as required.
This role requires well developed skills in payroll and accounting. The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; and possess a strong set of communication and analytical skills.
Payroll Supervisor Compensation
Payroll Supervisor Responsibilities
- Manages and ensures all legal entities, domestic U.S., disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits, other special payments (bonus, sales quarterly incentive bonuses, annual incentive bonuses, awards, etc.) and taxes to approx. 5,000 domestic employees consistent with federal, state and union wage and hour laws/contracts.
- Monitors the assigned payroll activities and/or inputs for the purpose of ensuring effective and accurate payroll processing company wide. Monitors pay data and requirements from a wide variety of sources (e.g., time and attendance systems, union agreements, etc.) to ensure payroll accuracy and adherence to process and procedures. Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation.
- Ensure that adequate internal controls are provided over payroll generated payments.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefit and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations. Partner with HR in aligning and implementing best practices between HR and payroll.
- Ensure ADP system is set up and updated to accurately process current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union).
- Supervises payroll staff including overseeing workload of the department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of team.
- Oversee the maintenance of a wide variety of payroll information, files, and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing and up-to-date reference and audit trail for employee questions and compliance.
- Communicate actively with field finance, operations, HR, legal, external parties and others to ensure accuracy and appropriate pay practices; resolve employee inquiries/concerns timely and effectively.
- Keep abreast of the constantly changing payroll laws and regulations, through payroll seminars and training classes.
- Oversees accuracy of annual W-2s provided to employees and coordinate with Tax, HR, and third party payroll processor throughout the tax year to ensure employees are taxed appropriately in each pay period.
- Executes all ad hoc and monthly reporting for management relevant to payroll information.
Payroll Supervisor Qualifications
- Four-year degree in Accounting required
- Three plus years of Accounting experience required
- Payroll experience is a plus
- Management and leadership experience is a plus
- Experience with a large ERP system
- Strong Excel skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
If interested please apply and send resumes to Rebecca Payne at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]