The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Payroll Analyst for a contract position with one of our clients in Atlanta, GA.
We are seeking candidates that have experience with Payroll balance sheet accounting - Taxes Payable, Salaries Payable, Garnishment Payable, etc.
This is a hands-on role that will require a strong understanding of concepts, practices and procedures within Accounting. The Payroll Tax Accountant will manage all aspect of month end close including GL Maintenance and journal entries and preparing general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, and reconciling accounts
The Payroll Staff Accountant:
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports
- Verifies information
- This role is responsible for preparing general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- The staff accountant prepares payments by accruing expenses and requesting disbursements.
- The payroll Staff Accountant II must have a solid understanding of GAAP.
- This position is required to answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Demonstrate understanding of assignments and manage the entire process.
- Connect the dot, ask the right questions, and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to troubleshoot, propose suggestions/solutions and make decisions.
'• Working knowledge of payroll and payroll tax reports
• Knowledge of payroll related accounting practices
• Experience in reconciliations and financial statements
• G/L maintenance
• Journal entries
• Written and verbal communication skills
• A/P and A/R Treasury