Accounting Now has partnered with a reputable non-profit organization, who is in need of an experienced payroll specialist! This person will be responsible for payroll, benefits, and play a role in the financial audit.
To process all payrolls, verify all payroll taxes, prepare all payroll reports. To answer payroll questions and respond to requests for payroll related data. To enroll employees in benefits including retirements plans and insurances. To assist employees in problem solving with the benefits providers. To review, code and process benefits billings. To verify that all providers records and the companies records agree on enrollment, termination and details of benefits.
Payroll Job Duties:
- Process bi-weekly and other special payrolls.
- Make necessary entries and adjustments, including status changes, salary changes and terminations in payroll system timely and accurately;
- Set-up and maintain garnishments and wage assignments in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Make any other entries for deductions or payments necessary;
- Review recorded time, PTO requests and other information to ensure accurate recording of employee's time.
- Review payroll reports for accuracy
- Verifies payroll tax calculations,
- Process and calculate special pays such as bonus, manual checks, termination checks and adjustments;
- Process vacation payout requests;
- Properly file all payroll records for each pay period;
- Maintain employee personnel and benefits files in compliance with State and Federal laws (such as W-4's, direct deposit, pay card applications, & garnishments);
- Respond to inquiries from employees, supervisors, and managers, and external parties
- Extracts and compiles a variety of statistics for reporting purposes as assigned and prepares reports requested by management
- Research and resolve issues and problems with payroll records and systems to ensure accuracy and integrity promptly;
- Performs or verifies accuracy and timeliness of required reporting to State and Federal agencies;
- Provide time-keeping support and training to end-users;
- Researches and ensures compliance with Federal and State payroll laws and other applicable laws and regulations affecting payroll administration;
- Assist with annual financial audit
Benefits job duties:
- Administrate and facilitate annual open enrollment process
- Educate or facilitate education of new employees on all NTFB benefits
- Enroll employees in benefits when eligible
- Ensure that benefits system (ExponentHR) and benefits provider coverage's and specifications are the same
- Reporting and remittance of biweekly retirement plan contributions and loan repayments to the provider. Timely review of retirement plan file generated each payroll, and timely upload of file, and request for payments.
- Verify that retirement plan contributions are properly attributed to each employee's account by the provider.
- Facilitate employee's interaction with providers, assist with problem solving, facilitate communication
- Assist with annual audit of retirement plans
- Analyze, departmentalize, and process monthly invoices from medical, dental, life & disability insurance carriers within deadlines; works closely with broker/carriers to complete billing. Compare invoices against related employee deductions in ExponentHR, resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all departments; communicates professionally at all levels by exercising discretion in matters of confidentiality;
- High school diploma with some college courses preferred in accounting, finance, business, bookkeeping and payroll.
- Minimum of 5 experience in processing payroll and administrating benefits. Experience must include hands-on administration of retirement plans.
- Ideal candidate will be professional, dependable, pro-active, and have great communication skills. Must also have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; requires strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Attention to detail, accuracy with numbers is a must. Commanding knowledge of payroll laws and related State and Federal regulations required. Must be a team player, possess excellent customer service skills, exercise good judgment and be willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Experience with ExponentHR (HRIS and payroll system) is a plus.
Apply today for immediate consideration!