We are seeking a strong Payroll specialist to join an established team up in West Palm Beach! Excellent company with great benefits!
The payroll processor is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of their assigned section semi-monthly payroll. Assist the payroll manager with all assigned tasks
- Process the semi-monthly payroll accurately and timely for assigned sections.
- Responsible for obtaining and processing the proper payroll forms from each assigned section for all new hires, payroll changes, terminations, payroll deductions, tax withholdings, etc.
- Prepare and post all payroll related journal entries.
- Provide Payroll support to assigned sections Executive Directors and Admins.
- Assist the payroll manager with corporate payroll processing tasks as needed.
- Distribute Pay checks, W2's, Tax Statements as required by law.
- Process garnishments, tax levies, employment verifications and third-party sick pay.
- Ensure compliance of all Federal, State and Local payroll laws.
- Responsible for maintaining the payroll master file form for each assigned payroll.
- Maintain all confidential payroll and tax files.
- Ensure timely deposit of all 401K, IRA, H.S.A., and 529 plan contributions.
- Create and distribute payroll related reports as requested.
- Responsible for reviewing all payroll vendor invoices.
- Responsible for completion of State payroll tax applications for new sections assigned.
- Coordinate preparation for annual workers compensation and 401K audits.
- Maintain and update all Federal and State Minimum wage rates in the payroll system.
- Two years of experience with online payroll processing in a multi-state environment. Strong Excel skills required.
- ADP and Oracle experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude