Reporting to the Regional Controller - Payroll, the Payroll Manager is responsible for the personal and professional development of the Payroll Specialists and Supervisors within their Operating Company. The Payroll Managers responsibilities include: ensuring accurate payroll using their knowledge of payroll tax, tax laws, benefit, and Wage and Hour laws.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support, lead and develop the Payroll Specialists/Garnishment and Supervisors.
- Audit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll wages and taxes
- Facilitate all Payroll Training classes
- Develop value added procedures for departmental improvements
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Merit Reviews and continuous evaluation of performance
- Review and assist in the accomplishment of compliance with payroll policies and procedures
- Interview and completing the hiring process
- Produce paychecks accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform various audits to ensure internal controls apply
- Resolve discrepancies on employee's wages and taxes
- Interaction with higher levels of the company
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Payroll management
- Computer skills: Peoplesoft, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
- Proven productivity as a Team Leader
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently