Who are we? We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job-it's a career built on passion, grit and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals-and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you're headed, you'll find talented, driven and passionate members of the TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
Payroll Manager (Sr. Level) - Job Summary:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Sr. Payroll Manager is directly responsible for providing U.S. payroll support for TEKsystems' internal and external customers. The Sr. Payroll Manager will have leadership responsibility for the overall TEK payroll team. The Sr. Payroll Manager will engage with their team and other partners to analyze, recommend, implement and support payroll initiatives for TEK. This could also include partnering with people in other countries handling our global operations. This position will combine functional, technical, and management expertise to support current and future payroll related activities and our overall payroll goals.
- Manage 2 direct reports within TEK U.S. Payroll
- Build strong relationships with their team and their partners throughout the TEKsystems organization to ensure accuracy, integrity and timely payroll processing.
- Track key payroll measurements and metrics for management reporting
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key U.S. payroll processes
- Managing weekly payroll processing functions and non-routine payments such as bonuses and other off-cycle payments
- Reconciliations of payroll and tax data
- Liabilities, including payroll related taxes, benefits, vacation accruals, long term disability and garnishments
- Ensure payroll processing rules are compliant with statutory (legislated) requirements
- Generate management reports as required
- Process improvements and automation
- Routine and non-routine exceptions impacting employees' pay
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Overall responsibility of a team of 10+ employees in internal payroll, external (contractor) payroll and garnishments
- Will be responsible for performance management of groups
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- 7-10+years experience in U.S. Payroll Management
- CPP preferred but not required
- PeopleSoft usage is a plus
- Computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Current knowledge of U.S. Payroll and Payroll Tax practices
- Experience with Payroll Service Provider products
- Ability to work with and implement vendor products
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to interact and communicate effectively with leadership
- Prior Management experience required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and time management skills
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to respond in a constructive and neutral manner in adverse situation
- Financial Stewardship
Leadership / Management Competencies:
- Assess Talent
- Leading through Emotion
- Problem Solving
- Managing through Content