About the Company
CFS is engaged with a leading organization in Janesville area looking to add a Payroll Clerk to their team. There is major potential to advance within the group as the company is growing tremendously. They offer great training and offer a progressive culture, one to enjoy coming to work each day!
As Payroll Clerk, you will be responsible for all payroll processing, reporting and related accounting functions This will involve, maintaining all related information updated in addition to supporting the administration of various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
Specific duties in this clerical role include:
- Updating payroll records, entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions and job title and department/division transfers
- Preparing reports and compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determining payroll liabilities, calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Resolving payroll-related discrepancies, collecting and analyzing information
- Maintains payroll operations following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributing to team effort and accomplishing related results as needed