The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Patient Financial Services Representative, Patient Biller, for a long-term contract position with one of our clients in San Diego, California. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team!
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off
Candidates must have experience with hospital billing and government payers.
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
The Patient Biller is responsible for the full range of insurance and self-pay accounts and department credit balances.
- Responds to billing inquiries from patients, insurance companies and departments.
- Identifies and resolves issues regarding account adjustments, re-billing insurance, and/or collecting from patients as appropriate.
- Extensive knowledge of medical insurance and State and Federal rules and regulations related to billing Insurance Claims.
- Extensive knowledge in Insurance claims appeals, and range of knowledge in ICD9, CPT, HCPCS, coding principles.
- Knowledge in self-pay collections and mandated charity laws. Knowledge of medical/surgical terminology.
- Knowledge of accounting and cash handling principles and various billing documents and claim forms.
- Responsible to work system generated claims, edits, attaches records, operative reports and all system reports.
- Job standards are expected to be performed at the EXPERT level.
- Must have a High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years recent acute care hospital billing and collection experience.
- State and Federal rules and regulations related to billing Insurance Claims.
- Extensive knowledge in Insurance claims appeals, and range of knowledge in ICD9, CPT, HCPCS coding principles.
- Knowledge in self-pay collections. Knowledge of Hospital payer contracts and reimbursement methodologies including but not limited to per diem, fee schedule, case rate and DRG's.
- Knowledge of UB04 and revenue codes as it pertains to billing.
- Epic Resolute experience.