TEKsystems is supporting an enterprise company in Columbus searching for an Oracle DBA. If interested, please call, text, or email. Contact information below.
Role Name: Database Engineer
Team Name: Distributed Database Services
Brief description of what your team does:
Oracle Database Administration - Manage database and database object creation and maintenance, security, backup and recovery, test environment refreshes.
Role description: What will be this contractors primary day-to-day responsibilities?: Build and maintain databases in test and production database environments on-prem and in the cloud.
- Administer, maintain and utilize policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Provide day-to-day customer support for projects, as well as run support to production in daily or emergency scenarios to resolve issues.
- Refresh/restore data loads into the databases.
- Develop and implement database performance monitoring process and analyze monitoring data for performance optimization opportunities.
- Create/Implement database maintenance plan to ensure data integrity.
- Backup and restore databases. Monitor the backup and recovery process.
- Proactively recommend enhancements to the application team to improve efficiency and performance.
- Occasional on-call and weekend release activities
Required and desired skills:
- Oracle database administration: experience building and maintaining Oracle database environments, maintaining database security, capacity management, database and SQL tuning, backup and recovery, data dump exports/imports, replication.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and well as independently.
- Experience with BASH, PL/SQL or Python preferred.
- Experience with AWS and PostgreSQL preferred.
Years of experience required: 5 years of Oracle database administration
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.