Online Account Opening Team Lead - Assistant Treasurer
Garden City, Long Island
The Digital Banking Team is responsible for the launch and ongoing enhancements of the online account opening platform. As part of the process the new applications will be initially reviewed by the Digital Banking team for the initial assessment of the application data.
The Online Account Opening Team Lead is responsible the day to day operations and monitoring of the digital account opening process. This includes: monitoring of incoming application volume, oversight of the review and disposition process, daily/ monthly reporting, identification of process improvements and identification and escalation/ communication of any trends of success or concerns.
The Team Lead will be responsible to supervise, coach, monitor and motivate the Online Account Opening Specialists responsible for the review and disposition of new account applications in the digital channel. The Team Lead is responsible for managing the daily application volume of Online Account Opening while ensuring staff adheres to all policies and procedures. The Team Lead must also have the ability to adapt accordingly to meet challenges in a dynamic industry.
The Team Lead will be the primary interface with the Digital Branch Manager and partner together to ensure a successful end to end process for account opening. They will be responsible for the review of all application approvals referred to the digital branch for opening and assist in obtaining any customer documentation that may be required to comply with the Banks Customer Identification Process (CIP).
The Team Lead supports Online Account Opening staff, and is responsible for the day to day management of a specified group of representatives to ensure the team meets service levels, to deliver exceptional service.
This position conducts ongoing reviews of their staff on a monthly, semi-annual and annual basis to develop team members based on individual needs in order to meet individual and department goals. The team lead is responsible for the coaching, mentoring, and professional development of defined online account opening representatives and will be required to define a skills based performance plan for each representative on their team and track progress towards those goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all applications, calls and correspondence are handled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of customer applications to ensure accurate decision making; assists staff in dispositioning applications and address questions or complaints.
- Ensure team's compliance with Bank and departmental policies and procedures and recommend areas of efficiencies where economies of scale can be achieved through process improvement.
- Daily monitoring of application volumes and schedules to ensure the department is meeting service levels and new customer/ account Customer Satisfaction (CSA 1) metrics.
- Serves as a primary review/troubleshooter for escalations or issues related to applications & account opening in the digital branch.
- Prepares and analyzes daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. potential losses, funnel performance, account opening volumes).
- Supports the Digital Product Experience Design Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of Digital Account Opening review of applications and implementation of system enhancements.
- Collaboration with Digital Branch to facilitate communication between the teams and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction (CSA 1) and account application processing.
- Conduct ongoing quality reviews of customer applications/requests to ensure sound decisions regarding the approval of customer and or bank transactions within authority limits, weighing customer satisfaction issues versus Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Define, document and maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures team is following the Bank's Complaint Management processes and logs customer concerns accordingly.
- Develop, train, coach, evaluate, and motivate online account opening specialists to maximize performance and foster a culture of excellence to satisfy customer needs, strengthen service skills, and meet established goals and service levels.
- Collaborates with other departments and branches to ensure customer applications and issues are completed/ resolved in a timely manner
- Collaborates with Digital Control Environment Manager to identify operational risk to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures; implements action plans to improve operational controls and mitigates controllable losses while optimizing the customer experience.
- Demonstrates and coaches team on comprehensive knowledge of Bank products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory issues related to daily job functions including: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Regulation E; deposit transactions.
- Assists the Digital Product Experience Design Manager with personnel decisions as appropriate including hiring, scheduling, disciplinary actions, and evaluating performance.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all operational duties as needed, during peak periods or to maintain account opening function coverage
- Support of product implementation updates/ installs as needed (evening/weekend/ off hours).
- Provides recognition for high performing employees and promotes service excellence standards.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in determining solutions for customer complaints and coach team members requiring assistance with problem resolution matters.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High School degree or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in customer service/supervisory role within a banking/retail environment.
- Expert in delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- Knowledgeable of digital trends and key risks associated with the digital channel a plus
- Experience with banking products, account opening processes and CIP / compliance requirements preferred
- Effective problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to maintain composure when interacting with customers and staff.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite of products) and possesses banking software experience.
- Digitally savvy and current on the latest devices, browsers and operating systems.
- Requires ability to be innovative and resourceful in collaborating on solutions.
- Motivate and achieve results through the effort of others.
- Proven ability to stay current and comply with industry regulations.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.