Classification: Mortgage Underwriter
Compensation: $27.00 to $33.00 hourly
The Finance and Accounting Contract Talent Team is working with a fast growing client in Troy who is looking for Mortgage Underwriters. If you are an individual who has at least 2 years of experience in the mortgage and financial services space with a focus on the mortgage underwriting for conventional loans, this could be the role for you! The Mortgage Underwriter will examine and evaluate documents, analyze loan packages, maintain quality control standards and more.
- Authorizing and underwriting loans (minimum two per day).
- Reviewing and verifying loan applications and supporting documentation.
- Analyzing loan risk and requesting additional information as necessary.
- Preparing reports on assessment findings.
- Making loan eligibility decisions and approving or rejecting applications.
- Reviewing and specifying loan conditions as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Documenting and effectively communicating reasons for the approval/rejection of loans.
- Returning applications with additional documentation to the loan officer for review.
For immediate consideration for this position, Please contact us at 248-205-5580 and ask for a Talent Solutions Professional.