Aerotek is hiring for remote Underwriters for a company based out of Maryland.
The main focus of this role is to perform underwriting of conventional and/or FHA/VA mortgage loans including a detailed review of the residential mortgage loan application and documentation as submitted to ensure loans meet underwriting guidelines.
* Approves or rejects residential loans within prescribed authority
* Analyzes borrower's credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
* Ensures loans meet client, agency and government guidelines
* Accurately calculates borrower's income and debt-to-income ratios based on acceptable client and agency practices
* Documents lending decisions and completes required screens in the loan origination system that include accurate completion of the 1008 as well as adding and/or creating applicable conditions on the loan approval
* Run, reads and interprets automated underwriting decision results from both Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
* Reviews conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
* Keeps informed of current and acceptable underwriting practices
* Communicates loans decisions to clients/internal departments in a timely fashion and ensures compliance deadlines are met with regards to pre-disclosures, approval letters, denial notices, and counteroffers.
* Works closely with processing and/or account management to answer specific loan questions, to answer specific conditions or documentation requested and to resolve problems
* Maintains and cultivates an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
* Prioritizes work queue to ensure service level agreements are met
* Consistently meets or exceeds established minimum productivity and quality goals
* Provides quality control responses in a timely manner
* Acts as a role model of the company's values, acting in an ethical and professional manner at all times
* Embraces company culture
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.