The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for originating quality Residential Loan Mortgages to contribute to the overall production goals, business growth and portfolio outstanding. The Mortgage Loan Officer will deliver high quality service to our customers (new and existing) as well as service their residential mortgage needs. They will present approvable loan packages in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
This position will be responsible for mentoring entry level Residential Lenders
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interview loan applicants and assist with the completion of the mortgage loan application including explanation of mortgage process and disclosures.
- Interview loan applicants and assist with the completion of the CRA (with or without Affordable Housing Programs) mortgage loan application including explanation of mortgage process and disclosures
- Collect and verify accuracy of needed documentation required for approval while complying with guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Work and partner with processor and underwriter to promptly complete and obtain decisions on mortgage requests
- Collaborate with loan processor to ensure each residential mortgage application is processed accurately, timely and completely
- Complete and/or collect any additional documentation needed by processor/underwriter or closer (obtaining missing information and resolve exception processing issues)
- Monitor progress of transactions and keep borrowers updated on progress while ensuring compliance with regulations
- Assist in the scheduling of the closing with client, processor, title company and closing coordinator
- Input applications into the origination system and delivery early disclosures to residential customer
- As required, interact with Realtors, Accountants and Closing Agents to develop new business and/or obtain required documentation and close transactions
- Partner with Mortgage Loan Processor, Underwriting, Doc Prep, Closing and Operations to ensure an excellent customer service and high-quality originations
- Actively participate in community functions to support for the Bank’s CRA lending efforts as well as joining committees that provide Affordable Housing programs
- Identify and report to immediate supervisor any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules, regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or higher preferred.
*** Applicant must be NMLS registered and provide the company with NMLS number or be willing to register in NMLS prior to employment being offered. Additionally, FBI Criminal Background and credit check must be successfully passed before job offer is presented.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
3+ years of prior Residential Loan Officer experience in the local market with emphasis on non-government loans preferred.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Proven experience acquiring and developing a residential loan mortgage portfolio.
Proficiency with mortgage system origination (such as E3, Encompass, Empower).
Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 products including MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Teams, and MS PowerPoint.
Must be detailed oriented and possess strong problem-solving, analytical and business development skills.
Must communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
Must be able to plan, organize and execute projects.
Must be a team player, approach business in a professional manner, be customer oriented and contribute to a collaborative and position work environment.