Middle Market Relationship Manager - Houston, Texas
The Middle Market Relationship Manager maximizes share of wallet and products penetration, promotes and cross-sells products and services with the objective of servicing, maintaining, developing new relationships, increasing bank revenues and identifying current and potential business opportunities for the Bank.
• Develop and maintain a portfolio of high quality relationships (companies with revenues of $25MM to $250MM)
• Cross sell other bank products, with an emphasis on Treasury Management, to maximize customer relationships.
• Cross sell new verticals (Non-Profit, Medical, Educational, HOAs)
• Fee generation (Fasb. fees and operational fees).
• Actively participate in outside calling program designed to promote the image of the bank as an active commercial lender and to develop new business relationships.
• Refer business to other business units
• Follow-up and resolve outstanding exceptions.
• Exercise prudent judgment in authorizing overdrafts and uncollected funds.
• Make presentations to senior management and loan committee.
• Maintain active contact with client base, meeting at least quarterly at their place of business.
• Maintain a current credit file, working in conjunction with credit services. In particular, ensure that contact memoranda are up to date and document the client's current status.
• Actively participate in community functions and organizations.
• Support the bank's CRA lending efforts.
• Prepares packages for loan committee presentations.
• Communicate to customers and prospects the approval or denial of credit requests.
• Prepare commitment letters.
• Review depository activity of clients to insure compliance with BSA.
• Prepare suspicious activity reports when appropriate.
• Have some knowledge of and assist in the loan booking process with credit administration.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
Completion of a formal credit training program (preferred)
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
5 years as a commercial lending officer, managing complex and diversified lending relationships with companies that have revenues between $50MM to $250MM.
Must have demonstrated experience in handling complex commercial loans of all types, including Asset based loans (ABL), owner occupied real estate loans, small corporate loans, and local participations (purchased and sold).
Experience in asset based lending and in trade related lending is required.
Successful demonstrated track record of business development.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, and MS Powerpoint Advanced required.
Banking regulations applicable to lending.
Cash flow analysis.
For more information and to apply online please visit our website at www.amerantbank.com/careers