Middle Market Relationship Manager - Dallas, Texas
Amerant Bank is continuing our growth in Texas and has an opportunity for an experienced Middle Market Relationship Manager to join our new team in Dallas!
The Middle Market Relationship Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of complex commercial loan, depository relationships and non-interest income products while servicing the client needs within that portfolio (services, deposits and loans).
• Develop and maintain a portfolio of high quality relationships (companies with revenues of $25MM to $500MM)
• Handle complex commercial loans of all types, including Asset based loans (ABL), owner occupied real estate loans, small corporate loans, and local participations (purchased and sold).
• Cross sell other bank products, with an emphasis on Treasury Management and non-interest income products, to maximize customer relationships.
• Actively participate in outside calling program designed to promote the image of the bank as an active commercial lender and to develop new business relationships.
• Refer business to other business units
• Follow-up and resolve outstanding exceptions.
• Exercise prudent judgment in authorizing overdrafts and uncollected funds.
• Make presentations to senior management and loan committee.
• Maintain active contact with client base, meeting at least quarterly at their place of business.
• Maintain a current credit file, working in conjunction with credit services. In particular, ensure that contact memoranda are up to date and document the client's current status.
• Actively participate in community functions and organizations.
• Support the bank's CRA lending efforts.
• Assist junior officers in department with the analysis and evaluation of credit relationships.
• Prepare packages for loan committee presentations.
• Communicate to customers and prospects the approval or denial of credit requests.
• Prepare commitment letters.
• Review depository activity of clients to insure compliance with BSA.
• Prepare suspicious activity reports when appropriate.
• Have some knowledge of and assist in the loan booking process with credit administration.
• Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
Completion of a formal credit training program
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Seven years as a commercial lending officer, managing complex and diversified lending relationships with companies that have revenues of $25MM to $500MM.
Successful demonstrated track record of business development in the local market.