We are looking for a Merchandising Manager to join the team of a rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have retail planning experience, have strong negotiation skills, and management experience. The chosen candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Create and develop merchandising strategies using resources such as historical data, market trends, and competition information.
- Analyze historical data and department performance to recommend corrections and forecasting to result in financial growth
- Manage assortments by category and channel, review for balance, manage all aspects of procurement and adhere to strategic objectives of the category.
- Establish assortment line plan with cross-functional partners.
- Partner with the Planners to develop open-to-buy within an assortment that supports the strategy of stock positioning for key categories, classifications, channels, climates and sizes.
- Develop, train and support direct reports to ensure understanding and growth in business acumen and the customer.
- Monitor and provide feedback on trends regarding high impact merchandise categories.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience
- A combination of education and relevant work experience will also be considered.
- 3-5 years of buying and planning experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of retail planning and allocation
- Strong financial, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to mentor, train and develop
- Occasional overnight travel
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. For immediate consideration, please call Samantha Murphy at 978-688-9003 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]