SNI Companies has partnered with a rapidly growing outpatient medical office in their search for a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist. This immediate position is a temporary to hire.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Review applicable clinical documentation to ensure all appropriate procedures are being billed for.
- Attend internal audit reviews to weigh-in with coding knowledge.
- Data entry which includes entering charges as well as payment posted, as directed by Billing management.
- End of day clean up including: clearing out the claim center, both unbilled and exclusions tab, bypassing claim inspector, running the claim submission wizard
- Train, as directed by Billing management.
- Work outstanding insurance AR by following up on denials.
- Maintain appropriate aging amounts as specified by Billing management.
- Patient billing including: payment plans, printing/mailing bills, phone calls, unapplied transactions, etc.
- Continued education re: billing rules and regulations.
- High billing team interaction; ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Other responsibilities, as requested by Billing Team Leaders.
Coding Process Oversight:
- Coding, Audits, Data Entry, appealing AR, claim center, and event tracking.
- Medical coding process expertise demonstrated by 1-3 years medical coding and billing experience
- Experience and ability to Level Evaluation and Management Codes
- Experience with reviewing clinical documentation for audit reviews
- Medical billing process expertise
- Knowledge of insurance company process
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic Typing skills
- Federal and state privacy laws understanding as they relate to patient billing
- Experience with medical billing software
- Experience with resolving slow and nonpayment issues