The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Medical Billing Specialist for our client located in the Cumberland, RI area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8:30- 5:00
Support the organization's accounts receivable process by representing claims for payment to the appropriate payer. Perform medical collections and invoicing to patients, providers and medical facilities.
- Handling in- and outbound patient contact, securing payment of open account balances, research of rejected payments, recommendations for settlement or referral for external collections, and scheduled invoice printing.
- This position also supports other dept. operations as needed, administrative support.
- Identifies billing requirements by requesting and obtaining information from the payers.
- Completes timely and accurate claim filing in accordance with targeted goals and department policy.
- Ensures compliance with established department billing standards by analyzing, auditing, and taking action on unbilled claims.
- Resolves reimbursement discrepancies by analyzing information and notifying supervisor or manager when applicable.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and in-service workshops.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with business principles, ethical standards, legal obligations, and policy as outlined in the client's Compliance and Ethics program.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Experience One or two years reimbursement, insurance, or related work experience in healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of electronic billing and submission process.
- Customer service focus.
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent required
- AR experience
- Medical Billing experience
- Collections experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred