The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Medical Billing Follow-up Specialist for a well-known healthcare provider, one of the Southeast most comprehensive academic health center in the Jacksonville, FL area.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30a-5p.
Pay: Based on experience
Temporary contract to start; potential to convert based on performance and business needThis position is responsible for billing and collection functions and for resolving outstanding issues. Reviews and follows
up on any and all unpaid claims and ensures prompt payment.
- Demonstrates ability to follow departmental procedures by accurately completing follow-up requirements and meet payor specific guidelines. Meet or exceed departmental standards for productivity and quality.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate and resolve accounts by utilizing resources including but not limited to: bills, remits, correspondence, work queues, payer websites, and portals, reports, providers/vendors, insurance and patient calls in accordance to payor specific guidelines in a timely manner.
- Verifies third party coverage whenever necessary to avoid erroneous submission of claims. Maintain billing backlogs at acceptable level using appropriate resources. Identifies problems and brings to management's attention before accounts receivable is adversely affected.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of all third party reimbursement programs including, but not limited to: Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, and Commercial. Acquires and maintains s high level of knowledge of the Patient Accounting Computer System.
- Communicates key issues to other department management personnel as needed.
- Provides feedback to appropriate areas, work unit and/or department based on findings from assigned tasks.
Required: GED or High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
1. Aptitude for math, computer and software operations, and keyboarding.
2. Ability to develop and present clearly articulated oral and written communication.
3. Ability to read and understand Federal, State and Local regulatory information applicable to
patient accounting and healthcare services.
4. Use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree requires less than one year of experience.
- High School Diploma or GED requires 1-2 years of business office or healthcare experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience in admitting, billing and collecting.