Customer Trading Analysis team within Market Risk performs oversight of trading activities including the Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate and Commodity Derivatives trading desks. The team performs a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the Market Risk function, including monitoring and evaluating risks affecting current or anticipated capital, valuation, P&L, Value-At-Risk (VaR) and Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR).
Fixed Income business within Key covers various sectors including but not limited to Corporate IG & HY, Municipal, Government, Agency/Non Agency MBS, and other ABS. The candidate is expected to provide expertise on emerging risks, market insight, analytical support for new business initiatives including structured products and other financial instruments. The candidate is also expected to leverage his/hers trading experience to enhance the 2nd line of defense trading oversight function. In this capacity, the candidate will report to Director of Market Risk and will be working with Chief Market Risk Officer, Customer Trading analysis team, Head of Fixed Income Trading, National Head of Fixed Income Trading, Trading Desk Heads and traders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform research related to hedging, market movements and strategies to manage market risks.
- Support the line of business with deep subject matter knowledge relative to market risk and market risk strategies.
- Support Market Risk policies and processes.
- Identify and quantify market risks and emerging risks.
- Provide in-depth analytical and quantitative decision support.
- Use optimization tools to find the best integrated solutions to multi-faceted decision problems.
- Understand the conceptual framework and assumptions of models.
- Understand and support how models are used in the business decision making process.
- Assess and validate model performance.
- Develop and maintain effective partnership with LOB management and traders.
- Use industry knowledge and experience to identify opportunities, adopt best practices, improve existing processes, and provide expert advice on various business and analytic issues
- Advanced knowledge of Fixed Income trading, statistics, mathematics, and financial modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other quantitative field (Master's preferred)
- 7+ years of trading, banking and risk management experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in collaboration with other team members
- Microsoft Office tools
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Enterprise Risk Management provides leadership on risk management strategies and initiatives for credit, market, compliance and operational risk, as well as portfolio management, quantitative analytics and asset recovery activities. Key's objective is to achieve and sustain strong enterprise risk management practices consistent with industry standards and regulatory expectations in support of business strategies. To reach this goal, risk is identified, measured and managed in a manner that promotes effective decision-making and instills accountability. A strong risk culture is critical to achieving our vision to become the best regional bank in the U.S.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.