As a Market Manager, you help create the energy and excitement around Amerant Bank products, providing the right solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. You understand that Amerant Bank is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other. It starts with you discovering customers’ needs and with the support of your team members, you match those needs with the right products. Primarily responsible for the achievement of banking center profitability, sales goals, operation activities and the management and use of the various elements encompassing a transformed banking center. Responsible for the sale of Bank products and services to new and existing clients inside the branch as well as the generation of new business opportunities outside the branch. Ensure quality levels of branch customer service. Ensure development and training of branch staff. Promote a positive Bank image within the community. Oversee administration of all personnel issues. Ensure the protection of all branch assets. Manage branch expenses.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ability to perform all position responsibilities within a banking center.
- Provide guidance and supervision to Banking Specialist Manager in the oversight of the day to day banking center operational activities in the banking center in accordance with all Bank policies and procedures. In the absence of the Banking Specialist Manager take lead responsibility.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures per Retail Banking’s operating manuals, employee handbook and all other that apply to the position functions. Ensure all regulatory requirements as well as security and audit procedures are adhered to always.
- Responsible for ensuring individual acts do not lead to Bank operating losses as well as escalating potential concerns that could lead to Bank loss to appropriate supervisor.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the Banking Specialist Manager in keeping branch in compliance with all Bank policies and procedures as well as ensuring audit, compliance and security procedures are adhered to at the branch location. In the absence of the Banking Specialist Manager take lead responsibility.
- Take responsibility for daily overdraft / NSF decisions.
- Ensure branch monthly audits reflect appropriate controls are in place.
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
- Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues.
- Adhere to customer service expectations as defined for all positions with the banking center.
- Act as a customer advocate to ensure we meet the needs of our customers and prospects with the intent of enhancing customer retention and engagement
- Provide quality customer service to all current and prospective customers as measured by Bank service standards.
- Deliver customer experience for all segments to ensure quality customer experience every day every time.
- This position requires consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals as defined by management at a personal and team level.
- Adhere to all sales leadership expectations including inside and outside calling efforts as defined by management.
- Responsible for all sales activities within the banking center.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of business plan to achieve banking center sales goals.
- Partner with other lines of business (Commercial, MIS, Residential Lending, etc.) to maximize opportunities and expand customer relationships with the Bank. This requires the ability to establish and manage peer relationships.
- Represent the Bank in local community organizations with the purpose of promoting the Bank image as well as uncovering potential business opportunities.
- Encourage and assist banking center staff in fostering relationships within the community which support the Bank brand and provide business development opportunities.
- Participate and actively engage banking center staff in business development activities sponsored by Retail Banking or the areas Regional Sales / Service Manager.
- Have an enhanced understanding of all the Bank’s products, services and sales delivery processes to train and coach banking center staff as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing day to day sales activities within the banking center.
- Adhere to all expectations defined for a transformed banking center.
- Take lead responsibility by coaching the Banking Specialist Manager and other team members on the day to day banking center activities in accordance with the behaviors and expectations defined for a transformed banking center.
- Conduct daily huddle to reinforce branch transformation roles and expectations.
- Ensure Banking Specialist Manger creates a schedule of activities for banking center staff to ensure ability to adhere to fluidity guidelines when greeting and assisting customers and guests with the banking center. In absence of Banking Specialist Manager take lead responsibility.
- Ensure banking center has a Digital Advocate and that they fulfill the expectation of being an expert on the Bank’s Online Banking (personal and business) and Mobile Banking channels to be able to assist customers and promote their sale and usage. Ensure Digital Advocate is educating other team members on digital channels.
- Role model and participate in lobby management standards including acting in the Greeter role. Greet customers and prospects in the lobby in accordance with transformed banking center defined standards.
- Be a role model relative to defined career wear standards.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of defined facility standards.
- Has overall responsibility for achieving branch growth, revenue and expense targets as defined by the Bank.
- Lead responsibility to coach staff to ensure goals are consistently met.
- Has approval authority.
- Has overall responsibility for the day to day operational functions of the banking center.
- Has overall responsibility for monitoring branch service quality levels and coaching staff as appropriate.
- Responsible for training and assisting less experienced branch team members. Responsible for assessing team member needs and finding resources to address applicable need. Identify and work with high potential associates in the achievement of their defined career path.
- Responsible for daily coaching of team members in the areas of operations, compliance, sales activities and branch transformation elements and functionality.
- Escalate and work to resolve issues related to facility, digital technology and other elements related to branch transformation.
- Overall responsibility to monitor employee activities and act when necessary.
- Working with Human Resources interview, hire and terminate branch team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations and salary reviews for all branch personnel.
- Conduct coaching activities with branch team members.
- Participate in training and meetings and communicate back to team members information pertinent to the operation of the banking center.
- Create a feeling of energy and excitement among team players. Promotes Bank vision and values.
- Provide for team member’s training, professional development, recruitment and mentoring. Raise awareness of the Bank’s strategic planning and timing in order to position the Department to be able to perform its assigned responsibilities. Evaluate team member’s performances and take corrective actions to address problems. Counsel and guide team members to ensure that approved objectives are met.
- Supervise a team of experienced professionals exercising key responsibilities over leadership, team goals and objectives, performance management, resource planning, training, motivation, coaching and recognition.
- Live the Bank values every day.
- Complete mandatory training and required responsibilities to have knowledge of complete lines of products and services.
- Ability to work in different assigned banking centers within the region.
- Cooperates with superiors, peers to accomplish team and Bank goals.
- Other duties as required.