We are looking for a Mark to Market Accountant.
This position manages the commodities accounting and IT department and functions which provides information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management of the trading department and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. This position will maintain a positive and forthright attitude that promotes teamwork and a favorable public image.
- Four-year degree in accounting required but equivalent work experience and education may be considered.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience and solid foundation of accounting principles.
- 1-2 years of experience in commodity-based Mark to Market accounting, strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Detail Oriented
- Proven and effective leadership and interpersonal skills; must support a team-oriented approach for the Company;
- Demonstrate capacity to excel within high risk, high stress, and fast-paced work environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of mark to market accounting, commodities logistics, and facility-level operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for commodities management and oversight;
- Manages daily activities of the commodity accounting department including timely processing of commodity accounts receivable/payable, systems and controls;
- Continuously evaluates and recommends improvements to commodity and financial accounting systems, policies and controls;
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhances the company's value;
- Monitors and evaluates company's risk exposure;
- Evaluates daily activity for completeness and accuracy;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company's Policy and Control Manuals;
- Oversees freight accounting and related control systems;
- Ensures warehouse licensing and compliance are timely and accurate;
- Participates in a variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports;
- Encourages an environment which fosters teamwork and continuous improvement.