Publicly traded, manufacturing company located in the Loop is seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting/Financial Reporting to join their growing Accounting and Finance department. This company is a powerhouse in their field and offers career growth and fantastic benefits. This individual will manage a team and oversee SEC reporting as well as researching, documenting and implementing new GAAP. This role will gain exposure to a variety of accounting work, is a key factor in the accounting department, and will have a lot of high level exposure. If you are looking to join a well-respected, stable company where you can grow your career within this is the place for you!
Why work for the company:
• Dynamic/all-encompassing role- ability to expand skills and prepare for next step in career
• Big on promoting from one- helping you get to where you want to be with your career
• Great benefits, fantastic 401k match
• Opportunities for growth- succession would be to take on Corporate Controller role.
• Great location in the Loop
• Financially sound company
• Great group of people
Primary Responsibilities of the Manager of Technical Accounting/Financial Reporting:
• Interprets complex problems and solves them through established procedures (i.e., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)) relating to revenue recognition and internally developed software and leases. Makes recommendations to executive management for action or changes to established methods. Adapts known methods to new situations as business needs change. Conducts technical research and analysis of accounting treatment.
• Ensure compliance with SEC reporting rules through the accurate and timely filing of required documents.
• Prepare/Review Form 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, statement of shareholders equity, and statement of cash flows), footnote disclosures, and MDA.
• Assist to develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with internal controls related to global accounting policies and new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB and the SEC
• Prepare Press Release financials, including GAAP to Non-GAAP reconciliations.
• Research and draft position papers on technical accounting issues. Remain current on pending accounting guidance, evaluating the financial implications of proposed/new accounting pronouncements.
• Prepare equity-related calculations and disclosures, including share-based compensation expense, earnings per share and equity-related disclosures for inclusion in Form 10-Q and 10-K filings.
• Ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over our financial reporting process.
• Continuously strive to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls.
• Provide support for ad-hoc projects, primarily related to MA, systems implementations and revenue.
Specific requirements for the Manager of External Reporting and Technical Accounting include:
• B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
• 5+ years relevant experience, at least 3+yrs experience at a Big 4 or Mid-tier public accounting firm
• At least 2 years with a public company in an SEC role, or SEC clients at a public accounting firm
• Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules and standards.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong technical accounting background