Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
Are you a problem solver who is passionate about using your analytical skills to solve hard problems? If this sounds like you, then you could be the newest member of the team. As the Manager of Order To Cash (OTC) Hotel Accounting, you will work with the Director of OTC Hotel Accounting on leading collections, dispute resolution, monitoring advance payments, cashier activities and maintaining client relationships. In this role, you will also be responsible for training and supervising team members.
More specifically, you will:
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate OTC hotel accounting team members, and build competence with relevant employees through training, best practice sharing and mentorship.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing providers, auditors, valuation specialists, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved (if necessary).
- Serve as liaison for maintaining client relationships, resolving their concerns, and escalating to leadership if necessary.
- Support OTC related special initiatives as directed by the Director of OTC Hotel Accounting.
- Handle the advanced deposits billing process for catering and event clients.
- Handle the processes performed by the outsourcing provider to process requests for credit lines for catering and event clients.
- Lead and support team members in the resolution of unidentified advanced deposits.
- Establish standard for maintaining documentation for tracking the receipt and posting of advanced deposits.
- Handle the collection process for accounts receivables (group master and convention related billings).
- Engage with Sales team as needed to resolve client disputes and outstanding past due payments.
- Lead and support team members in resolution of identified issues and of noncollectable accounts.
- Review noncollectable accounts with Team Lead OTC Hotel Accounting and present to Director OTC Hotel Accounting for review and to Hotel GM and DOF for approval according to policy.
- Handle the process for resolving transient guest disputes.
- Review and approve adjustments processed by accounts receivable staff.
- Develop and maintain OTC Hotel Accounting Desktop Procedures, ensuring that key tasks are properly documented.
- Perform compliance duties such as the set-up and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Project and promote a hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
- Handle the objectives for the team and how those objectives are going to be accomplished.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Implement and run departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of the department are carried out.
- Provide direction, influences, and supports departmental Team Members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and accomplishing their goals and objectives, and achieving management objectives.
- Assess actual performance against standards to figure out whether the team is on target to reach goals and take corrective action as necessary.
What are we looking for?
We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through your following attributes and skills:
- Leaders, who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, helping their team prioritize, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who effectively handle complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of relevant analytical experience in audit, accounting, or internal controls
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS Master's Degree
- Seven (7) years of relevant Accounting experience
- Six (6) years of supervisory experience
- Hospitality industry experience
- Can speak Spanish
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!