Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
Are you passionate about improving quality control measures, ensuring compliance, and streamlining processes? If this sounds like you, then you could be the newest member of the team. As the Order to Cash (OTC) Hotel Accounting, Quality Control Manager, you will work with the Director of OTC Hotel Accounting to ensure procedural adherence for collections follow-up and, accurate and timely application of cash. In addition, you will ensure that guest communications are professionally handled via the Help Desk, guest billing is accurate, and validated refunds are completed on time.
More specifically, you will:
- Evaluate existing end-to-end procedures across Operations/Center of Excellence/Shared Services Center, recommend revisions, and conduct internal audits to ensure compliance.
- Write, review, document, and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Provide support for new projects and coordinate with the applicable teams.
- Design and implement Quality Control Plans for Billing, Cash Application, Help Desk, Collections, and Advance Deposits, and Guest Refunds.
- Improve the reliability of processes.
- Perform quality audits on Help Desk calls.
- Attend monthly one on one quality meetings with the Help Desk agents.
- Set requirements and train on Billing accuracy.
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) controls.
- Maintain proper records and documentation of quality tests.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Collect and complete quality statistical data.
- Pinpoint staff development needs.
- Facilitate training as it relates to improving quality control measures.
- Review errors and make recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers, auditors, valuation specialists, software vendors to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved (if necessary).
- Develop and maintain OTC Hotel Accounting Desktop Procedures, ensuring that key tasks are properly documented.
- Perform compliance duties such as the set-up and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Capture, own and lead maintenance of process and control documentation.
- Identify and support process improvement opportunities and partner with the Automations team where applicable.
- Work directly with the OTC Director, Managers and Team Leads on process and control issues.
What are we looking for?
We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders, who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, helping their team prioritize, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who effectively handle complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of relevant analytical experience in audit, accounting, or internal controls
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work remotely, with a requirement to travel to the Memphis office at a minimum of 40 hours a month.
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS Master's Degree
- Seven (7) years of relevant Accounting experience
- Six (6) years of supervisory experience
- Hospitality industry experience
- Quality Control experience
- Proficiency in Spanish (verbal communication)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!