Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As Hotel Accounting Manager, you are responsible for accounting, reporting, compliance and support for approximately 20-25 properties, in addition to other accounting activities related to all centralized hotels. You will also train and supervise hotel accounting team members, as well as identify and manage improvement opportunities and special projects.
More specifically, you will:
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate Team Members and build competence with Analysts and Senior Analysts through training and mentorship.
- Work with hotel owners, leading all aspects of owner reporting, cash management, and serving as the main Hilton accounting contact.
- Participate in special department projects such as system conversions, new software implementation, and new hotel openings/conversions.
- Lead monthly closing and post-closing activities (perform detailed financial statement variance and workpaper reviews, research and resolve issues arising throughout the closing and post-close period, review and approve balance sheet reconciliations and wire transfers).
- Coordinate cash management needs for hotels. This includes reviewing actual and projected cash flow reporting, and owner distributions as well as monitoring cash requirements and working capital balances.
- Bring your strong working knowledge of the financial impact of all contracts associated with the hotels so you are able to assist other staff and senior management in understanding the implications of different courses of action.
- Work directly with the property Directors of Finance on accounting and financial issues.
- Supervise cash flows, revenue, and owner reporting for focused and full service hotels.
- Perform compliance duties such as the review of management and franchise agreements and the set-up and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department to ensure the strategies, objectives and directives of the department are carried out.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, helping their team prioritize, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement
- Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals who effectively handle complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and seven (7) years of professional Accounting experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance with five (5) years of relevant Analytical experience
- Four (4) years of preparing, analyzing, or auditing financial statements
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Seven (7) years of relevant Accounting experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Hospitality industry experience
- CPA license
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!