Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Hilton Supply Management (HSM) Finance, you will ensure the accurate and timely accounting and reporting for the Company's Supply Management entity (HSM) results, as part of the Global Accounting, Consolidations & Reporting Team. The successful candidate combines accounting, analytical, and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, record and report US GAAP accounting transactions and will liaise with the HSM Operations team, applicable. Your outputs will include general ledger entries, schedules, reconciliations and presentations used internally and externally within our consolidated results.
The Accounting, Consolidation & Reporting Team is primarily responsible for accounting outside of the Centers of Excellence, consolidation, intercompany elimination and review processes relating to monthly reporting of actual results to both internal and external parties, in compliance with US GAAP; as well as SOX and Audit requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage all aspects of HSM Finance close process inclusive of coordinating with Operations and the Centers of Excellence to effectively and efficiently close the books according to the established timelines.
- Serve as the main point of contact for US GAAP accounting matters relating to Hilton's HSM business unit.
- Prepare, review and maintenance of sub-ledgers, as applicable.
- Prepare of monthly journal entries for the close.
- Review and analytically explain the financial statements once close is complete.
- Perform general ledger reviews and prepare and/or review balance sheet reconciliations including resolution of complex discrepancies or outstanding items.
- Utilize strong critical thinking and follow-through skills to monitor and maintain all contingent processes and well as quality checks on any values within the results of HSM.
- Research and respond to inquiries of internal and external auditors.
- Support other accounting, consolidation and reporting processes including special projects as needed.
- Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary.
- Help collaborate and build cross-functional links to other finance teams as well as with Operations.
- Adhere to Management Reporting deadlines to ensure overall effectiveness.
- Identify, initiate, manage and implement efficiencies and/or accounting changes within the HSM unit as well as other units within the consolidated results as needed.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Shown ability to deal with large volumes of data
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze departmental financial data
- Ability to disaggregate, analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
- Understanding of general accounting policies and procedures at a transaction level
- Ability to coordinate between various corporate offices
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethics and discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Strong analytical skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop analytical skills in others
- Knowledge of general ledger systems and reporting packages
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Four (4) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of general ledger close experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and MA/MS Master's Degree
- Certified Public Accountant or exam candidate
- Knowledge of the wholesale-/retail-specific accounting industry
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion Financial Management
- Advanced level Excel skills
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!