Responsible for overseeing the budgetary planning and accounting for Lennar Connectivity Solutions, including but not limited to Community Internet Services and LenCom, including full financial statement responsibility and month end reporting to corporate and LCS leadership.
- Ensure that sound accounting methods and systems are used in all entities in keeping with established policies, procedures and generally accepted accounting procedures
- Ensure division compliance with corporate policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and operating agreements
- Ensure that all divisions’ transactions are booked correctly, review proper balance sheet and income statement classifications, budgeting and internal control systems are consistent with corporate policies, review for impairments
- Compile and analyze operating results for management
- Coordinate the region’s accounting audits
- Assist operating division leaders on all control and accounting matters
- Prepare special studies and financial analyses and assist in brainstorming accounting and tax aspects of financing structures for community/company acquisitions
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and compare actual performance against plan and projections
- Assist corporate treasury department on matters concerning compliance, filings and cash reporting
- Assist corporate tax department on all tax matters and audits
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of general accounting, public accounting or homebuilding (preferred) experience
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Excellent understanding of Microosoft Excel (including pivot tables and vlookup functionality), J.D. Edwards/AS400 accounting system, Hyperion, Essbase/Smartview preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, strong communication and supervisory skills
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.