The Jr Loan Processor performs basic support duties associated with loans that have been submitted to closing and are in need of updates.
- Assist closing department with updates
- Update data, run and interpret DU findings
- Request and interpret soft pull credit updates
- Submit loans to underwriting
- Performing routine data entry/retrieval on computer terminal on loan data
- Request updated payoffs
- Perform verbal verifications of employment
- Contact borrowers, title companies and credit unions as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of mortgage loan origination experience
- Working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA guidelines
- Working knowledge of Desktop Underwriter/Originator (DU) and Loan Prospector (LP) findings
- Working knowledge of mortgage industry, current loan programs, governmental regulations, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone and email is critical
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and other internal systems and 10 key by touch
- Understanding of alpha and numeric filing
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copiers, faxes, printers, multi-line phones, etc.)
- Successful NMLS registration is required
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS ID 401285