Loan Operations Specialist Temp, Miami, Florida
This is a one month temporary assignment. The Loan Operations Specialist is primarily responsible for the overall supervision and control of the loan operations related to the Bank's affiliates ensuring loan data integrity. Will also ensure that collateral documents are recorded on a timely manner complying with bank policies and federal regulations at all times.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the supervision of the daily loan operations impacting the Amerant Bank affiliates.
- Subject matter expert in the following Loan Operations applications: Exception Tracking, Imaging, and Amerant Bank affiliates CORE.
- Responsible for the implementation of all projects that cover changes to certain Loan Operations applications: Exception Tracking, and Amerant Bank affiliates CORE.
- Responsible for the preparation of Loan Operations month end reports for Amerantl Bank, N.A., and AB affiliates.
- Report, summarize, assemble and extract information to present to examiners and auditors.
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of the different software programs used in the Loan Operations Department: Exception tracking System and CORE system for the AB affiliates.
- Responsible for establishing new collateral exceptions and tracking of original loan documents for renewals and new loans including commercial, consumer, international and mortgage loans to ensure proper tracking and reporting of missing legal documents. (This process includes documents for Ameant Bank and AB affiliates).
- Monitor proper recording of mortgage collateral documents from outside attorneys as necessary to document bank's security.
- Review documentation being provided to clear exceptions in order to ascertain accuracy of such documentation prior of clearing the exception.
- Responsible for the integrity of the exception tracking system related to collateral/legal (excluding flood insurance and regulatory exceptions).
- Ensure timely recording and receipt of all UCC financing statements.
- Monitor expirations of UCC-1 financing statements ensuring that UCC-3 (continuations) are filed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for department self-audits (except for flood and other regulatory audits), ensuring that all processes and procedures are being followed.
- Assist the Department in other activities as needed, included but not limited to: Inventory Checklist review, loan booking/renewing loans as well as loan posting transactions.
- Responsible for completing and submitting Small Business Administration reports as well as remitting fee payments.
- Monitor and control all KPIs (Balance Score Card).
- Work on special projects.
- Recommend to immediate supervisor, policies and procedures changes needed to maintain a streamlined and secured process.
- Stay abreast of changes to federal regulations that might directly affect the loan operations area.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to their respective Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Superior customer service skills required. Ability to work within a team, ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization. Must be able to effectively present, delegate and negotiate. Must have previous experience writing business propositions and reports and possess ability to make decisions. Supervisory experience required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Associates degree required, Bachelor's preferred, or 4 years of comparable experience in lieu of education.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum five years of loan banking experience, with strong knowledge of all aspects of loan operations. Must have strong knowledge of loan documentation, loan regulations and loan accounting. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferable.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
PC Literate (Excel, Word and Power Point, Access) and ample knowledge of main frame systems requirements for loan operations. Experience in imaging systems and imaging processes. Query experience required. Strong analytical and report writing knowledge. General knowledge of IT infrastructure.
Physical Demands: General office work, which includes walking 25% of the time within the department, and sitting at a desk utilizing the telephone and computer the other 75%.
Stressors: Typical stressors are volume of work, numerous deadlines, changing priorities, and frequent distractions due to unscheduled calls and problems. Long and unusual working hours at beginning and end of month due to high volume of loans being processed and high volume of month-end reporting and reconciling required. Handles different projects at the same time.