Loan Customer Service Representative Temporary, Miami Florida
This is a six month temporary position.
The Loan Customer Service Representative is responsible for the ongoing servicing and maintenance of the residential loan portfolio (highly regulated) ensuring compliance with Bank's policies as well as federal regulations protecting at all time MSF's financial interest and customer's rights under existing laws. Will also process work for Commercebank and CB Real Estate Investment as well as responsibility for the escrow servicing process.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the processing of loan payments and advances (multi-state and multi-companies) in an accurate and timely fashion ensuring proper loan accounting and compliance with federal regulations impacting the loan servicing area.
- Responsible for the issuance of satisfaction of mortgage and all related documentation releases in a timely and accurate manner within federal guidelines and bank's policies.
- Responsible for the on-going monitoring of Real Estate property taxes as well as the management of the outsourced vendor responsible of this process.
- Responsible for the on-going balancing and maintenance of all escrow accounts and for the processing of annual escrow analysis ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
- Process escrow disbursements in an accurate and timely manner ensuring compliance with bank's policy and federal regulation and protecting the bank's financial interest as well as the customer's rights under existing laws.
- Responsible for the processing and maintenance of the 'Loans Serviced by Others' portfolio.
- Responsible for the servicing of the 'loans sold to others' portfolio, which include the processing of 'Investor Reports' within bank's policies and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the control of the PMI servicing process (regulatory process).
- Responsible for the research of loan claims and/or complaints, providing service to customers and banking officers as required to solve problems on a timely basis and within federal banking guidelines; process loan researches in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the processing and monitoring of adjustable rate mortgages to ensure that customers are notified of changes on a timely basis maintaining customer satisfaction and preventing losses to the bank. Ensure compliance with banking regulations at all times.
- Process bill payment for tax services and flood zone determination accounts maintaining required logs updated at all times.
- Process partial releases and maintain all required records (AS/400, tracking and tax servicing company) up to date at all time.
- Responsible for the annual process related to the issuance of IRS annual loan statements (1098s).
- Other loan processing duties: Balance workstation daily, process loan maintenance, process late fee transaction, process loan adjustments, process rate changes, and process the force placement entries for all types of insurance.
- Administrative tasks include: handle telephone calls from the officers regarding loan information, make copies and/or image/scan documents.
- Provide accurate estoppel information to customers and bank officers in a timely and accurate manner, to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with banking regulations.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts.
- Complete audits as required.
- Maintain and provide accurate Key Performance Indicators data pertaining to the position.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Cross train in other functions as required.
- Work on special projects.
- Fill in for other functions within the department during absences.
- Stay abreast of changes to federal regulations that might directly affect the loan servicing area.
- Recommend to immediate supervisor, policies and procedures changes needed to maintain a streamlined and secured process.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to their respective Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must possess basic communications skills such as basic writing and listening, have basic office and mathematical skills, and customer service skills.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
High School Diploma, vocational training in real estate, legal documentation and accounting or comparable experience in lieu of education. Associates degree in Business preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Five years loan processing, banking operations, loan accounting and mortgage loan servicing experience as well as investor reporting knowledge required. Knowledge in escrow servicing is a must. Must have knowledge of government regulations relating to domestic (multi-state) loans (all type of loans: commercial, consumer, construction, etc.).
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Previous experience with Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Level I and MS Excel Level I required.